Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Trinidad and Tobago Independence Nails

Day, August 31st 2014, marks the 52nd Anniversary of Trinidad and Tobago from Britain.

Patriotism is usually the expected norm for citizens that take pride in displaying our national colors of Red, White and Black. Why shouldn't we? When we seem to comfortably promote and wear other nations flag all year round. (No pun intended)
I get excited when Trinbagonians (even if for just one day) parade the street in their bold colors,various shades of red, white and black you name it they go all out and for the ladies well I don't think I have to go any further.

Let's Talk Nails!

Not many or should I say only two patriotic ladies requested patriotic nails this season.

As I continued that week and got turned down when asked if they were doing patriotic nails some of the reasons for these ladies lack of patriotic nail talk were "they need to rock those nails until their next appointment" "I want to rock something bright" lol and now I can't blame them but it's a bit disappointing. Don't you think?

Nevertheless, for the ladies I did glam for the occasion here are a few Trinbagonian flavored nail tribute.







In showing love and respect for his craft as he continues to raise our flag high all over the world I attempted a portrait of Soca Artist Ian Anthony Alvarez also known as Bunji Garlin and his Viking logo.


I also shared my Sonic The Hedgehog Trinbago inspired nail art last month in support of our athletes. If you missed that post here's a preview and you can also click the link to view the post.


I later decided to try an all acrylic Fantasy Nail Art to further display some Patriotism in celebrating 52 years of Independence.

The National Motto of Trinidad and Tobago " TOGETHER WE ASPIRE, TOGETHER WE ACHIEVE." 



As a nation we have so much going on, if only we would adhere to our motto, our pledge, our national anthem we can and will be a Sweet Sweet T&T!

HAPPY 52nd INDEPENDENCE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO. 

Hope you all enjoyed.

xoxoxo
Kerly





No comments:

Post a Comment